- CodeWars is open to students in grades 11 & 12 at high schools, or PU colleges
- A team should comprise of 3 students and one school representative (preferably a teacher)
- All team members are required to be from the same school. Mixing of students among different schools is NOT allowed.
- Maximum of 2 teams per school is allowed
- Two teams from the same school can have one school representative
- All the participating students and school representative should carry their ID cards (issued by the school/college) on the day of the event
- CodeWars committee reserve the right to disqualify a student/team if they don’t meet the eligibility criteria
- Team will have to make their own arrangement of transport to reach the venue
- Each team is responsible to get their own Laptop (ONLY one per team is allowed) for the competition
- Teams are responsible to install the required software on their laptop that they intend to use during the competition
- Printers or other electronic equipments are NOT allowed inside the venue.
- NOTE -- Cell phones and broadband network cards are NOT allowed during CodeWars competition. If you are observed using either of these during the CodeWars competition, your team is subject to immediate disqualification. If you may need to be contacted via cell phone during the competition, your phone should be left with your team sponsor.
Development software allowed for competition:
- Java (Version Java 7u51, though any recent version should be fine)
- Python (version 3.3x)
- C/C++/C#. You need an ANSI-compatible C/C++/C# compiler that can create a self-contained Windows command-line executable. Preferred complier would be MinGW.
- Teams need to solve 20 problems in 3 hours
- Each problem carries a point value, with values increasing with problem difficulty
- The goal is to collect as many points as possible within the stipulated time (3 hours). At the end, the team with the most points win!
- Top three teams with the highest points get the winning shield (both individuals and school)
- There is a special prize for the team that dressed on an attractive theme (Movie, Social cause, Superhero, legend, Computer Geeks)
Competition Rules / Guidelines
- The judges' rulings are final.
- All solutions must programmatically determine the results. In other words, your solution cannot just print out a solution to a problem that you determined by hand. The judges will be using some different data sets for your programs at the judging table.
- File naming conventions for solutions must be followed. These are provided with your contest instructions at the event.
- Your team will have a number of programming tasks to choose from. You probably will not be able to solve them all, so you are advised to study them and choose your problems wisely.
- CodeWars utilizes a custom browser-based submission/judging/scoring system via an 802.11x wireless network. Please ensure that your computer is wireless-capable before the event day. If you can connect to a public wireless network (e.g. school or home) and browse the Internet, you should be in good shape. Some school computers have security lockdowns that prevent wireless configuration, so please verify this before you come.
- Each team will receive a unique team login and password for the competition.
- Programs must be a standard DOS or Windows console application. No GUI programs.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions you can make to solve a given problem. However, note that in the case of a tie score, the winners will be determined by the fewest incorrect submissions.
- Any necessary corrections to contest problems will be displayed to all competitors on your team page in the contest system, and announced in the contest room(s).
- Verify that your program works with the example input before submitting it to the judges. Don't waste your time (and the judges') submitting a bad program you could have caught with your own testing.
- School representatives are not allowed to be with the team during the competition.
- Additional rules, modifications, and more details will be made available to you on the day of the event.